The “Booster Club“ of Albemarle School is a hard-working group of individuals who provide financial support for our athletic teams and sports facilities. They sponsor events to raise money to supplement our athletic program. These are the individuals who man the admission gates at our sporting events, operate concession stands, provide transportation when the school activity bus is unavailable. These individuals are also responsible for maintaining fields and courts as well as investing in improvements and equipment. There are also responsibilities which include assisting with fundraising, and helping to find “Buck Shot” sponsors and “Cake Raffle” donors for home basketball games.
Volunteers are always welcome to become a part of the Boosters Club and to pitch in and help our sports programs.
Linda Bateman, Chair
Deb Cartwright, Vice-Chair
Gary Cartwright, Treasurer
Lori Meads, Secretary
If you are in need of PPP hours please sign up to help work at one of the upcoming home basketball games. Everyone is able to help, even if your child is not yet involved in the athletics program. All parents and/or guardians of student-athletes are required to serve at least two hours per sport. There are several opportunities to do this during game times, including admission, grilling, concessions and clean up. This will help spread the overall burden amongst all parents of athletes throughout the season.
Fill out the form in the link below to show where you are able to volunteer.
There are a number of committees within the Booster Club. Click on the link below to sign up for one or more of the following committees:
- Work up ads to put in local newspapers for events hosted by Albemarle School
- Help get names of businesses posted on the bottom of any ad they sponsor
- Keep all parents notified of any upcoming events hosted by the school, giving plenty of notice
- Get information from committee leaders for planned events and ways to advertise
- Gather information on all alumni's whereabouts
- Plan alumni games for volleyball and basketball
- Plan alumni dinner or social
- Send cards and reminders of alumni events
- Keep alumni informed about our goals for the growth of the school
Building Campaign Committee:
- Help discern the growth needs of the school and work up a plan of action
- Work closely with the board to ensure they are well informed of the growth needs
- Find out specifications from planning department and locate a reasonable engineer
- Includes space for building, septic allowance and parking allowance
- Oversee events from the building campaign fundraiser committee
- Look into grants for buildings and school growth
- Consider being a load co-signer or help find one
Building Campaign Fundraiser Committee:
- Help plan and organize a number of fundraisers for the building campaign
- Casino Night - help find a good date, venue, permits, va workers
- Selling Bricks/Blocks - find people to buy a brick or block leading to new construction
- Board Ads - reach out to community to help find ads to line our ball fields
- Formal Dance - help plan a formal dance with prizes throughout
- Golf Tournaments - assist in two golf tournaments per year (spring and fall)